On Tuesday I finally watched The call To Courage, a Netflix Special by Brené Brown. She talks about how being vulnerable is not about winning or losing, it’s about having the courage to show up when you can’t control the outcomes.
In this talk, there are couple things that I took away;
- Being vulnerable means you’re going to fail.
- There is no courage without vulnerability.
- Vulnerability involves one of these three: uncertainty, risk or emotional exposure.
- It’s so much easier to cause pain than to feel pain.
- True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are, it requires you to be who you are.
- People whose feedback matters are not people who love you despite of your mistakes and imperfection, but people who love you because of your mistakes and imperfections.
These last two takeaways hit home for me and I’m forever grateful for her to have put herself out there and for me to be able to find this.
Hopefully you find it useful.
Choose courage over comfort!