Two truths about people and how they change:
1. People can change.
2. You can’t change them.
- Put massive amounts of effort into changing yourself. Personal growth offers the best return on effort you will ever experience.
- Put zero energy into trying to change someone who doesn’t want it. Don’t throw your pearls after swine.
- Look for people who are hungry for growth and invest your time with them.
- Stay open minded. Eventually those who do not have the desire to change may become inspired by your growth and surprise you with a new attitude.
- Be compassionate toward everyone…even those who are stubborn and refuse to change. Their stubbornness is likely a survival strategy helping them cope with hurt you may never know about.
H/T to Daniel Tardy for posting this on his Instagram page.